Tuesday, June 3, 2014

week of 6-3-14

I can't believe it is JUNE already!  Wow!  Summer vacation for us and hoping we get some kind of official word of Elder Williams' release date.  This could be a REALLY long summer!

Well, there was a baptism this week end!!!  Cassandra was baptized by Elder Poblete and confirmed by Elder Williams! What a GREAT pair!  And so exciting for Cassandra!!!!!  She looks very beautiful and very happy!!!

"The baptism was really a great success.  She was a bit nervous but she was really happy.  She also asked me to confirm her.  I was kinda scared but also very privileged.  I was very honored."

Lupe, Cassandra, Poblete, Williams

I guess in honor of this baptism, mother nature also decided to join in the fun and baptize the area.  Lots of rain and floods.  Here is a shot outside the Elders' house.


"It has been SOOOOOOO hot here.  It rained so it's even more humid.  I'm sweating so much every time I step outside.  It's kinda gross but oh well.  I think I'm losing weight because of it."

New Experiences:
Coconut Milk???
Are you on a mission or on a vacation?????


Zone conference:
"We had a great testimony meeting but it was during zone conference.  It was great to hear about the many testimony they all have about the Book of Mormon.  It was great to hear the Prez and his testimony of that great book.  It's amazing to see the great changes that people have after reading it.  I love the Book of Mormon.  It's amazing to see the answers we can receive by reading its words."

Elder Williams is 3rd from the right in the back row!

Knees News:

"My knees are doing ok.  They still hurt sometimes but they are getting better.  They don't hurt as much.  I should be all lined up now but we will be checking that this week again.  The member did pretty mucha combination between what Donny used to do to me, Dr. Clark, and a massage therapist.  Really cool and felt really good."

Investigator news:
"Investigators are dwindling.  With Ivan gone and Cassandra baptized, we only have Guadalupe.  That will be our first manner of business this week.  Finding more investigators.  I really don't like having to flail like this but I really want to help these people."

Keep both Elders in your prayers! Lets get knees and investigators up and moving!!!

Stop and write Elder Williams some comments of encouragement to keep him going his last three months!!!


1 comment:

  1. I've been telling Elder Cummings to finish strong and kick all the way in to the wall. What would the ballroom dance equivalent of that be? Keep dancing until the music ends?? May the Lord bless you (and your knees!!) as you finish His errand!

    ReplyDelete