Tuesday, June 10, 2014

week of 6-10-14

Happy Birthday to Brennin today!  We had a great birthday party for him at Chuck E. Cheese's and sent all kinds of video and pictures to big brother so he could share in the celebration!

"Hey Brennin:
Happy Birthday!!!  I miss you and I wish I could be with you on your B-day."

Transfers happened again this week!  Wow, that next 6 weeks went by fast!!!  That means there are only 2 left!!

"This transfer just ended and is starting a new one.  and I'm now District Leader...  yeah crazy.  Elder Poblete is still with me.  I'm glad that he is with me again and he'll help me with this big responsibility.  I'm also very nervous about being DL.  I really don't know what to think about this responsibility.  It's tough because I don't want to screw it up....  I am kinda overwhelmed..."

 "I miss everything at home and I really can't wait to get home but their are so many things here I still can help.  I have 3 months to do so.  I love you all and I can't wait to be with you soon.  3 months!!!"

I asked Elder Williams to share some of his thoughts with us about his best and worst experiences of his mission.  Here is what he said:

"My hardest times have been when my investigators just don't want to progress.  It's really a pain and when I felt like I was doing all I could to help them and they just don't want anything good to happen in their lives....  The best times are seeing the people I have learned to love so much make the decision to change their life for the better.  If that is with less actives or investigators, it's amazing to see the Atonement in their lives."

So, here is one of Elder Williams' good times...

"Guadalupe is having a really hard time with her BF and has decided to dump him and to get baptized this Saturday.  She got a talkin' to by some members yesterday.  It was amazing to see the fellowship that the members are showing her."

Yeah, another baptism picture coming!!!!!

Well, we will have to see what will happen in the last three months of Elder Williams' mission!  Very exciting things we hope!  

We have also found out that he has been placed on the BYU Ballroom Dance Touring Team and will be on the "Standard (Ballroom) Medley Team".  We are excited to see the Lord bless him in so many different ways!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Elder Williams on being made district leader AND on making tour team!! The Lord will bless you in both of these positions!

    ReplyDelete