Tuesday, August 19, 2014

week of 8-19-14

Well, I hope you all swamped Elder Williams with warm birthday wishes.  He is now officially 21!  What a man!  And to top it all off he has a little birthday surprise this past week end.

"I am feeling really kinda conflicted right now.  I am happy that I turned 21 but sad that I'm not with you.  I also am super happy because.... wait for it........ GUADALUPE GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!  YAY!!!!  I was so shocked!!!!!  We just had a normal lesson on Thursday and she came up to us and said, "I wanna get baptized this Sat."  Uh, WHA....?!?!?!?!  STUNNED!!!  It was a complete surprise.  We did the interview and then she was ready to get dunked.  It was amazing.  So great to see that she wanted to change.  I was so honored to be the one to baptize and confirm her.  It was amazing.  Here's the pics of her baptism.

Cassandra, Guadalupe, Elder Williams, Elder Lagunas, ?

Very happy missionary!




















Also, this is the "penultimate" week of Elder Williams' mission.  Only 13 more days left until he is home again.  I am sure he is having mixed feelings right now.  He has worked hard, had a very successful mission and he doesn't know if he really wants to leave, but knows there are things waiting for him here, too.

"Vallarta is really hot and humid.  I have never sweat so much in my life.  I just hope that doesn't follow me home.

How do you think your mission has changed you?
"I am really shocked with how much I have adapted to what life throws at me.  It's been a bit overwhelming with some things but I'm getting over them pretty fast.

Who was your best companion and why?
"My best companion was Elder Vega y Elder Montaño.  I am really happy that they helped me be the best I can be.  I'm really glad that they have been with me.  I'm really happy that they are part of my life."

If you had to pick your favorite area of your mission, where would it be?  Why?   Which is the one that you've had the most success?  Which area did you learn the most in (about yourself, others, the gospel, etc.)?
"My favorite area would be Autlan or Residencial.  I really loved those areas a ton.  They really loved me and I loved them too.  The most success was in Residencial when I had 5 or 6 baptisms and here because I've helped out the ward with ward lists and some baptisms and some re-activations.  I've learned a lot in every area.  It's tough to try and think of only one."

Chris also got a very special message from Elder Williams' "Mexican Omi"on Facebook.  She loves our Elder soooo much.  And even though he is now miles away and will be further miles away, she still thinks about him and what a great man he is!  "I know you are very happy because your son will be returning very soon from his mission. Also tell him that we miss him a lot and we love him.  When he gets home give him a huge hug from me."

We know that we will get one more letter from Elder Williams and then he will be home with us once more...

"I really can't wait to get home to be with you guys again.  I really love you and I love that you are so loving and happy for me to be back.  I really can't wait.  It's been too long.  I love you so much and I miss you especially today.  I can't wait to party with you guys again."
A celebration of some kind at the zone conference...let it ride till Sept. 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment