Monday, January 27, 2014

week of 1-27-14

Ok, so I forgot to do the blog update last week...Sorry, but we had our HUGE Provo High School Dancesport Festival this week end and I was totally swamped.  So here is the update from last week and this week WITH PICTURES!!!!

"I LOVED EVERYTHING in the packages.  I've been wearing my cardigan every night and morning in the house because our house gets really cold and the dog tags I wear everyday and only take them off to sleep."

"I love the fact that Garrin got to stand up for his faith and I hope that he can break out of his testimony slump and bear it to more people.  I hope that you are setting that example for him and sharing your testimony with anyone you can."

"This week (1-19-14) was kinda chill.  We were in Manzanillo for 2.5 days and I got my packages and we had interviews with Prez.  Very nice to talk with him and to be able to be so open to him about things.  Very amazing man.  I've learned to be very close to him and how to really follow his example in the work and in life.  My next transfer date is February 3rd.  I really have no idea what will happen with this transfer.  I am kinda stunned at how fast this transfer went by.  I haven't been able to buy garments yet but they are starting to stretch back out again and go back to normal size.  There are like two shirts of garments that are still really small.  My white shirts are starting to relax as well.  I should be able to handle that until the next "allowance" just because they are really expensive here in Mexico and I should actually be getting my re-embursments sometime this week so I'll be shopping soon.  I also want to send your Xmas packages too so I'm saving money.  They have been sitting at the house for awhile now and I want to send them now......  We'll see when that happens.  I love you so much and I can't wait to talk to you again. "

"The Book of Mormon is such a powerful tool for the Holy Ghost ot bear testimony in someone.  I know it has in me.  I love to see the living testimonies of the Book of Mormon here in Mexico.  There are so many converts here it's hard to talk to someone that isn't a convert.  I love hearing their stories.  I'm still having experiences like that and I'm remembering them and writing tidbits to remember them til I can get them in my journal. "

Some snippets from Collin's "Mexican Omi" letter:
I will really miss güerito and no one has taken your place as my güero . I'm fond of you as much if you were my grandson. Güerito , you know I love you and you 'll never forget . You're very good boy. You have (been) educated (by) your parents well . And do not forget us my Guerito . Do not lose contact and have my mail , write .Take care of yourself Guerito and you know I 'll be waiting to see you again.
  
Fun Christmas tradition treat.  Looks like churros!

Christmas in Autlan

The treat boxes from home!


If we think they are not getting fed, we should think again!  The saints in Autlan are taking good care of our missionaries!

Christmas dinner!

 I think this is a chicken, jello, veggies and bread?












Lines and Flores with dinner!
















New Year's Lunch!



Roast, "wine", potatoes in cream.












Branch President's family!















Sounds like Elder Williams had a great holiday and was well taken care of.  This week he shared a very touching and loving missionary moment:

"I've had a very interesting week.  We had a long conversation with the Sevilla's and the dad is really struggling to come back to church.  He is clashing with his pride and the pride of our Branch President and that is resulting in inactivity.  We talked to him with the Elder's Quorum President and he really opened up to us.  I just tried to sit back and have the DL that was with me on divisions and the Prez talk things over but I just had such a large feeling that I shouldn't stay quiet.  So I jumped in...  I started with reminding him of that wonderful day when he baptized his son.  I told him that I hadn't felt the Spirit as I did that day in a long time.  I then told him that I love them as my own family.  I was just so full of Spirit in that moment I couldn't keep back my tears.  The whole room was just bursting with the Spirit.  I don't think there was a dry eye in the room.  We were just trying to show them how much we love them and how we want their salvation and their eternal happiness.  It was a very wonderful lesson and one I will never ever forget.  I feel such love for them and it hurts me to see them offended and that they are falling away. "

Please keep this wonderful Dad and family in your prayers!  We don't want to lose such a wonderful family from the Gospel.

"New investigators: we have 2.  They are a couple of a part member family.  Their son is inactive but they are wanting to learn more.  We are noticing great interest in the organization of the church, history, etc.  It should be fun."

"I am trying to help the Branch Choir here but the lady who is "in charge" is teaching them how to "vocalize"? wrong.  It's really bad and after you getting after our ward choir about the same thing it is a big difference.  AND I am helping the little primary kids sing I am a Child of God, primary version.  You know, where the kids sing higher than the verse and the melody....  I'm dying!!!!  BUT, the members are very impressed with my ability to belt my falseto.  They are wanting me to do and plan a branch talent show and they are wanting me to sing with Elder Lines playing the piano and singing.  We were trying to figure out what song we could sing in English that almost everyone knows.  We once started singing "Let it be" by the Beatles and the president's wife started singing it in Spanish....  I have NEVER heard it in Spanish and she was trying to teach us...  Not working.  hahahahaha.  We'll see if that happens.  You know, with transfers right around the corner."

Well, we will see what happens next Monday.  That will be the next transfer day.  Collin is feeling that he will be the next to go.  Let's see where the Lord wants to send him next. 




No comments:

Post a Comment