Monday, October 7, 2013

combo weeks 10-7-13

Sorry I didn't update last week.  Our Ballroom team was having a benefit concert for a family that lost a mother to cancer and I was swamped getting that concert ready.  So, we have two weeks of news and some pics.  Last week we didn't get much because Elder Williams used his P-day to go up to Quadalajara to pick up a new companion.  Elder Williams has his first greenie!  He is now a trainer!  Oh, boy!  He is nervous because he really wants to do a good job!

From Elder Williams' letter 10-1-13:
Well here in Autlan I got some good news and bad news.  The bad news is that Elder Montaño is not my companion anymore.  The "good" news is that I am now a trainer......  I have now recieved my first "son"....  I'm freaking out.  I can't believe that I have been given this much resposibility....  I'm kinda feeling a bit inadequate...  I don't know if I have the right amount of experience to train another missionary.  I am definitely depending a LOT on the Lord now.  I just really need some encouragment from everyone.  I just feel very nervous about this whole thing.  His mission depends on how I do as his trainer.

Elder Barrera from Mexico City.  He is a recent convert of 18 months and is very homesick.  He is the only member of his family but they support him which is good news.  I'm kinda freaking out about having this responsibility.  I don't know how I got put here.   I just hope I can help him stay on the mission.  He is having family and mom withdrawals big time already and it's been 3 weeks since he left home.  I just don't want to fail.

Greenie and new Trainer!

Welcome to Autlan, Elder Barrera!


What a GREAT smile!



























From Elder Williams' letter 10-7-13
Dear Daddy:
I am grateful for your advice and your confidence in me.  I am really nervous and he is supposedly really sick after this weekend.  Something hasn't agreed with his stomach and that makes him frustrated and causes his migrains.  I'm trying to find a way to help him not feel so down and sick but it's hard in a different language and not having many resources.  I'm just hoping I'm doing a good job. I really don't want him to have a bad first area and it's not starting off to great for him so far.

Have you seen the Mormon Message "Earthly Father, Heavenly Father"?  If not look it up.  It is amazing.  I love you and I miss you so.  See you in 11 months.  Oh and if I don't get to tell you on Friday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY OL' TIMER!!!!!!!  hahahaha jk.  I love you.

2 months left until I get to Skype you guys.  I think it would be cool too to Skype and have Omi and Opa there too.  I loved that part of Uchtdorf's talk.  I almost cried remembering my Omi and Opa.

I'm so grateful for your prayers, faith, confidence, and love that you send my way every day.  I really miss having that close and not across the country.  I can't wait for the day to have that once again all around me.  I love you so much and I hope that you are doing alright.

11 months.... Wow...  Oh and they are cutting the mission of everyone again another week so I could be coming home 25th of August....  AAAAHHHH!!!!!  CRAZY!!!!

What a great, humble missionary!  We love our Collin! And we might see him sooner!!!???

No comments:

Post a Comment