Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Finally a letter! 7-9-13

Elder Williams was transferred!  He has been traveling all day and hasn't even had time to wash his clothes this week.  It could be an interesting week for him!



From: Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico To: Autlán, JAL, Mexico

 


Here are some excerpts from his letters:

To Brennin:
Thanks for the testimony.  I'm so glad that you know all those things.  I'm so proud of how you are growing up big guy.  I love you so much and I know that the church is true and that God loves us all.  Miss you.  Hugs.

Info about his new place - 
I got changed to Autlan de Navarro.  It's a little town with a branch not a ward.  But supposedly they baptize a ton here.  I'm super stoked.  My new comp's name is Elder Vega.  He's from Hidalgo, Mexico and is a gym rat.  We will be going to the gym every morning at 5!!!!  I might die.  But I'll lose this fat and gain some good muscle.  I actually can't wait to get in the gym.  The area is HOT!!!!!!  I've only been here for an hour now and I'm dying!!!  More humid that Tepic and hotter too.  I actually saw the ocean on the bus drive here.

Today I have been on a bus or a taxi all day....  I woke up at 6 got on a bus at 8, got to Guadalajara at 12, left Guad at 1, got here to Manzanillo at 5.....  I'm still not even in my own area yet.  I can't believe these changes.  I have almost no clean clothing because I haven't had a Pday today.  I don't know if I'll have a Pday this week.  Hand washing here I come....

For the last 2 weeks everyday has been a rainstorm that has made the streets a river!!!  I have never had to find rocks, wooden planks, shallow water, or jump so many puddles in my lifetime compared to these last 2 weeks.  I'm now out of that area so I'm hoping that I won't have to worry about that anymore.

I'm now in Autlan.  It's in the state of Colima.  It's a pueblito with a little branch.  I'm kinda excited to see how it all works out for me.  My comp has been telling me that the members are great, baptisms are almost a weekly thing, the branch president is bery supportive as are the members in lessons.  I'm excited for a change of scenary.  It's very green here!!!  Palm trees everywhere, bushes, GRASS!!!!!  That was a new sight.  My nose is all healed up.

I'm grateful for your prayers and your updates.  Thanks for the packages and the love.  I miss you and love you so much.

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment