Monday, May 5, 2014

week of 5-5-14

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!  And an update from Elder Williams from Mexico!  How appropriate!  Hope your days are as sunny as the pics he has sent us from Puerto Vallarta!

Look at those handsome Elders and the beautiful city!

How could you EVER get tired of that view!!!???





























Elder Williams and Elder Poblete have been keeping very busy!  Here are some of their activities for the week:

English Classes!
Elder Williams doesn't look too bad at a chalkboard.

There must be something that needs to be explained!
 Working on greetings...















These two look extremely intense!













Then Family Home Evening...

Guadelupe and Cassandra are the ones in the front chairs.

And some missionary work!

"I'm doing good.  The heat is now starting to kick in.  I am trying to still stay hydrated and to do lots of exercise so that I can keep a good figure(or get a good figure).  hahahaha.  New and exciting is that we had Lupe, Cass, and Ivan in sacrament!!!!  woohoo.  So happy.  This means that Lupe can get baptized this weekend if she is still keeping the commitments we are leaving her.  We have a lesson with her tonight and we are going to double check.  New investigators: we found one yesterday and he is really in need of the Gospel.  He has had some crazy things happen in his life and needs the power of forgiveness and the Atonement in his life.  He is willing to read the pamphlet we gave him and we are trying to teach his wife too.  He felt the Spirit really strong in this lesson and wants to have us visit every week.  We can do that...  hahahahaha.  The members in our area are doing good and are really helping us out a lot.  It's such a big difference from Autlan.  They are so willing but they don't give us names....  We'll work on that.  That's about all that's new."

And finally a little sight seeing...

The "Dead Sea" of Puerto Vallarta

Isn't this place supposed to be tropical, not dessert?

Now this looks like the real thing!















The newest Elder to the district...

Elder Mickelson

Elder Cervantes made some personalized Books or Mormon!
Well, it looks and sounds like all is going well in Vallarta!  This week is Mother's Day and we will be getting a Skype call!  Soooooooo EXCITED!!!!!!

"I will be starting at around 7 o'clock here so that's 6 there.  I'll be testing out the hardware first and then I'll call you.  I can't wait to see you.  I can't believe this is my last call I have till I come home.  AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!  Crazy!!!!! I miss you so much and can't wait to see you.  If anything changes this week I'll let you know when we Skype.  Reminder 7 here 6 there.  I love you so much and I can't wait to talk to you guys."

He has also given all of us some homework:

"I want you to think of people you haven't forgiven of something they did to you.  Watch "Forgiveness: My burdens were made light"  Mormon Message.  Please try to seek out the people that have harmed you, ask forgiveness for things you might have done and then forgive them for the things they did to you.  You will find a greater sense of freedom and abundance of the Spirit in your life."

Forgiveness: My burdens were made light   Make sure you have kleenex!!!!

We love you all!  We will try and get some vids or pics of the skype for next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment